When you are out fruit shopping, most of the times you end up buying products that aren’t that fresh or straight out of the farm because you aren’t familiar with the way things work or you’re out shopping for the first time.
If you are out fruit shopping then these tips will help you in picking out the fresh ones:
- Look for the fruits that don’t have bruises on them. If you pick out a fruit with dents and brown spots over it, chances are that they’ve been sitting on the shelves for way too long now. The bruised fruits mostly lose their nutrients and become tasteless.
- Hand pick and don’t let your vendor put it in the bag. After we started following this hack we realized that our fruit manages to stay in the kitchen for a little bit longer if not consumed.
- Lightly squeeze the fruit to check if it’s ripe or not. Almost all fruits cannot handle the pressure, except apples. Avocados, bananas and pears soften as they continue to sit on the shelves.
- Smell your fruit, if smells sweet then it means it’s ripe and fresh. A bad odor means that the product isn’t right.
- Look at its color, if it looks vibrant then pick it up. However if it looks dull and sad, it is better if you skip that piece.
- Last tip would be to shop at farmers’ or seasonal market. They usually have fresh produce at great prices.
If you don’t have time for heading out to the market then you can get fruit box delivery Sydney wide. These fruits are organic, fresh and delivered right at your doorstep.